backup oracle database - Unix

This is a discussion on backup oracle database - Unix ; hi all, can anyone tell me the procedure to backup oracle database on unix platform? thanks in advance!...

  1. backup oracle database

    hi all,
    can anyone tell me the procedure to backup oracle database on unix
    platform?

    thanks in advance!

  2. Re: backup oracle database

    On 16 May 2006 03:40:15 -0700, shuklam wrote:

    > hi all,
    > can anyone tell me the procedure to backup oracle database on unix
    > platform?
    >
    > thanks in advance!

    Here is one way from the guys who wrote unix backup and recovery...
    http://www.backupcentral.com/oraback.html

    There are LOTS of others.
    Oracle will have chapters on this on their website, most of the major
    backup software vendors will have their own methods, or you can hand craft
    something yourself using rman to dump to a staging area and the backup tool
    of your choice to copy the rman backup to tape.
    Adam

+ Reply to Thread