SunfireV480 - Unix

This is a discussion on SunfireV480 - Unix ; Hi, How do bring up the OK prompt for a V480, V210, V490? Strarting ther servers comes on at ALOM login prompt. Previous admin set the password if there is any. Thanks Joe...

  1. SunfireV480

    Hi,

    How do bring up the OK prompt for a V480, V210, V490?
    Strarting ther servers comes on at ALOM login prompt. Previous admin
    set the password if there is any.

    Thanks
    Joe

  2. Re: SunfireV480

    On 11 May 2006 06:35:06 -0700, Joe wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > How do bring up the OK prompt for a V480, V210, V490?
    > Strarting ther servers comes on at ALOM login prompt. Previous admin
    > set the password if there is any.

    What's ALOM in this context please?

    Is this server doing anything, or are they unbuilt? If you just need to
    get to the OK prompt to rebuild them or something, stop-a will send the
    correct signal to get you there. Need more information about what state
    the boxes are in to get you a better answer. If they're running, do you
    have a login?

  3. Re: SunfireV480

    I'm using a serial connection with hyperterminal to access the server.
    When you first start the solaris server it prompts to "please login"
    and the password prompt
    then it is in the ok prompt. But I'm stuck at the please login prompt

    Servers were just turned on.

    Since using hyperterminal I have a regular keyboard. There is no Stop A
    keys on it.

    Thanks

  4. Re: SunfireV480

    Joe wrote:
    > I'm using a serial connection with hyperterminal to access the server.
    > When you first start the solaris server it prompts to "please login"
    > and the password prompt
    > then it is in the ok prompt. But I'm stuck at the please login prompt

    I'm confused. First you say "then it is in the ok prompt", and then
    you say "but I'm stuck at the please login prompt". Which one is it?
    If your problem is that you can't get past "please login", then the
    answer is either
    A) Find out what the password is
    B) Find out how to reset it
    If it's (B), google for "ALOM password reset". If the problem is
    something else, then I'm not understanding you.

    > Since using hyperterminal I have a regular keyboard. There is no Stop A
    > keys on it.

    Anything that will send a break will do. I forget what that is for
    Hyperterminal; Shift-Break or something?

    --
    Oh to have a lodge in some vast wilderness. Where rumors of oppression
    and deceit, of unsuccessful and successful wars may never reach me

  5. Re: SunfireV480

    On my other sun server machines the "ok" prompt comes on after I do the
    inital login.
    But for this server ALOM is already is set. If I can get past ALOM you
    ge tthe sc> where you can reset password.
    That isnt the case!

    Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

  6. Re: SunfireV480

    On 11 May 2006 14:14:02 -0700, Joe wrote:
    > On my other sun server machines the "ok" prompt comes on after I do the
    > inital login.

    Ah. If you're getting "OK", you're not logged in. You're connected and
    the system is at the PROM level.

    You're getting to the lights out manager, which has a password set.
    Yes?

  7. Re: SunfireV480

    Right.

    How would I reset the password witout calling Sun?

    Thanks.
    Joe

  8. Re: SunfireV480

    On 12 May 2006 05:56:48 -0700, Joe wrote:
    > Right.

    Who? What? You really have to give context or people don't know what
    or who you're responding to. Let me guess: google groups.

    > How would I reset the password witout calling Sun?

    In the lights out module, or somewhere else?

  9. Re: SunfireV480

    This subject is closed.

  10. Re: SunfireV480

    On 12 May 2006 09:12:51 -0700, Joe wrote:
    > This subject is closed.

    (shrug) OK...you would benefit from observing what does, and doesn't work,
    in communicating on Usenet.

  11. Re: SunfireV480

    Dave Hinz wrote:
    > On 12 May 2006 09:12:51 -0700, Joe wrote:
    > > This subject is closed.

    > (shrug) OK...you would benefit from observing what does, and doesn't work,
    > in communicating on Usenet.

    Alright - the next time you dont answer to my post I'll the reason why;

  12. Re: SunfireV480

    Dave Hinz wrote:
    > On 12 May 2006 09:12:51 -0700, Joe wrote:
    > > This subject is closed.

    > (shrug) OK...you would benefit from observing what does, and doesn't work,
    > in communicating on Usenet.

    Alright - the next time you dont answer to my post I'll know the reason
    to why;

  13. Re: SunfireV480

    On 12 May 2006 09:30:31 -0700, Joe wrote:

    > Dave Hinz wrote:
    >> On 12 May 2006 09:12:51 -0700, Joe wrote:
    >> > This subject is closed.

    >> (shrug) OK...you would benefit from observing what does, and doesn't work,
    >> in communicating on Usenet.

    > Alright - the next time you dont answer to my post I'll know the reason
    > to why;

    Seriously. You would benefit from reading this article:
    "How to ask questions the smart way"
    ....but of course, you probably won't. Your choice. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread