nagios - Unix

This is a discussion on nagios - Unix ; hi every one !! iam new to this group and i would like to proactively participate in this group. can anyone of u guide me to develop an rpm package for nagios-1.2? iam new to this and facing severe hassles ...

  1. nagios

    hi every one !!
    iam new to this group and i would like to
    proactively participate in this group.
    can anyone of u guide me to develop an rpm
    package for nagios-1.2?
    iam new to this and facing severe hassles to
    understand the logic behind.
    iam trying to create my own spec file but that
    contains unpackaged files,
    which looks awkward...................so any
    one can guide me in this regard?
    Hopefully............
    thank's
    sridhar
    (sys admin)

  2. Re: nagios

    On 25 Jan 2006 03:56:39 -0800, sri wrote:
    > hi every one !!
    > iam new to this group and i would like to
    > proactively participate in this group.

    Great. Can you fix whatever it is that's wrong with your lines? The
    spaces are really, really, really distracting to your message.

    > can anyone of u guide me to develop an rpm
    > package for nagios-1.2?

    Have you built RPM packages of other things? What specific problem are
    you having?

    It would also be helpful, perhaps, if you're read this article:

    That may give you some information that will help you get the most out
    of this group.

    Dave Hinz

  3. Re: nagios

    i could'nt get sufficient stuff from the above information.
    hopefully some one could help in this regard.basically
    i want to develop a package for nagios-1.2 that could
    automate the process of installing nagios on ur
    systems.so any one could help me to build a simple
    spec file for this?
    thanks
    sridharrao.n

  4. Re: nagios

    On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 01:12:50 -0800, sridharnuvvula wrote:

    > i could'nt get sufficient stuff from the above information. hopefully some
    > one could help in this regard.basically i want to develop a package for
    > nagios-1.2 that could automate the process of installing nagios on ur
    > systems.so any one could help me to build a simple spec file for this?
    > thanks
    > sridharrao.n

    Firstly,
    Why 1.2? 1.3 is the stable version?

    Secondly,
    Have you even looked at the nagios.org website? They have links to RPMs
    on there, could you not just use them? If not there are SRC RPMs which
    IIRC should contain spec files that you can use...

  5. Re: nagios

    thank's fr ur suggestion.but iam basically learning how to build RPM's
    which are
    useful for ur company applications.iam working on nagios-1.2 & trying
    to create
    my own spec file and run it.but there are errors in it.basically the
    base directory
    /usr/local/nagios is not having the required files in it.such as
    /usr/local/nagios/etc,
    /usr/local/nagios/bin .. /usr/local/nagios/sbin
    ..../usr/local/nagios/share &
    /usr/local/nagios/var.why this is happening?so pls any one could help
    in
    brief ........
    thanking u
    sridharrao.n

  6. Re: nagios

    On 1 Feb 2006 20:00:13 -0800, sridharnuvvula@gmail.com wrote:
    > thank's fr ur suggestion.but iam basically learning how to build RPM's
    > which are
    > useful for ur company applications.iam working on nagios-1.2 & trying
    > to create
    > my own spec file and run it.but there are errors in it.

    Let me guess - missing letters, spaces, and shift keys?

+ Reply to Thread