backup file sin one directory from date1 to date2 - Unix

This is a discussion on backup file sin one directory from date1 to date2 - Unix ; Hello, I wish to archive files in a single directory based on their date. I need to get them based on their date. More specificaly from say the first of the month till the 15th of the month then add ...

  1. backup file sin one directory from date1 to date2

    Hello, I wish to archive files in a single directory based on their
    date. I need to get them based on their date. More specificaly from say
    the first of the month till the 15th of the month then add the rest of
    the month on to the archive after the month has passed. For various
    reasons I can not archive the files of the current day and only need
    archived older records by month.
    any help with this would be appreciated. It is an aix machine if that
    helps.

  2. Re: backup file sin one directory from date1 to date2

    tevolo@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hello, I wish to archive files in a single directory based on their
    > date. I need to get them based on their date. More specificaly from say
    > the first of the month till the 15th of the month then add the rest of
    > the month on to the archive after the month has passed. For various
    > reasons I can not archive the files of the current day and only need
    > archived older records by month.
    > any help with this would be appreciated. It is an aix machine if that
    > helps.

    Look at the options of touch(1) that allow you to make a file with
    a mod-time of a specific date. Look at the -newer clause in find.
    Notice that there is no -older clause in find. Get creative figuring
    out a way to emulate -older with other features of find.

+ Reply to Thread