solaris9 disc cleanup - Unix

This is a discussion on solaris9 disc cleanup - Unix ; Hi can anybody give me idea . iam using solaris9. how can i cleanup the directory like /var or /temp...

  1. solaris9 disc cleanup

    Hi
    can anybody give me idea .
    iam using solaris9. how can i cleanup the directory like /var or /temp

  2. Re: solaris9 disc cleanup

    On 9 Nov 2005 23:23:26 -0800, cnu wrote:
    > Hi
    > can anybody give me idea .
    > iam using solaris9. how can i cleanup the directory like /var or /temp

    Your question leads me to wonder if you know what can safely be "cleaned
    up" in those directories.

  3. Re: solaris9 disc cleanup

    cnu wrote:

    > Hi
    > can anybody give me idea .
    > iam using solaris9. how can i cleanup the directory like /var or /temp

    if some file is too big: cp /dev/null somefile, but be sure what you are
    doing.

+ Reply to Thread