Execution of script on different server - Unix

This is a discussion on Execution of script on different server - Unix ; I have strange scenario could you please give suggestion to me? Scenario ======= I have script called try.sh on development server and I wanted to run that script on the production server with out placing that file on the prod ...

  1. Execution of script on different server

    =======

    I have script called try.sh on development server and I wanted to run
    that script on the production server with out placing that file on the
    prod server.

    ie . I have to trigger the script from DEV server which inturn should
    trigger it on PROD server.
    Only constraint is I should not place the script on PROD server.

    FYI - I have login credentials of PROD and DEV .

    Please let me know how can I execute the script.

    Thanks,
    Badri

  2. Re: Execution of script on different server

    On 4 Nov 2005 16:37:21 -0800, kr.badrinath@gmail.com wrote:

    > ie . I have to trigger the script from DEV server which inturn should
    > trigger it on PROD server.
    > Only constraint is I should not place the script on PROD server.

    Strange... I suggest the following solution:

    titan:~$ cat try.sh
    printf "Hello world on "
    hostname
    titan:~$ ssh kreft@think /bin/sh < try.sh
    Password:
    Hello world on think
    titan:~$

    Helmut

    --
    Almost everything in life is easier to get into than out of.
    (Agnes' Law)

  3. Re: Execution of script on different server

    Thanks Helmut..

    Is it possible to pass the password with in the script.
    Instead of typing at prompt?

    Thanks,
    BADri

+ Reply to Thread