Help: Stripping machine name from sendmail - Unix

This is a discussion on Help: Stripping machine name from sendmail - Unix ; Hi I need to route all email via Sendmail at my Unix box through my Exchange server, but the problem is that when the emails get relayed they keep the machine name example. atlantis.crawford.com and some sites do Reverse DNS ...

  1. Help: Stripping machine name from sendmail

    Hi

    I need to route all email via Sendmail at my Unix box through my
    Exchange server, but the problem is that when the emails get relayed
    they keep the machine name example. atlantis.crawford.com and some
    sites do Reverse DNS on email addresses so they treat that address as
    spam.

    I need to find out how to stripe the machine name in sendmail so the
    mail looks like @crawford.com.

    Any idea how I can do that in sendmail ??

    Thanks,

    Bill

  2. Re: Help: Stripping machine name from sendmail

    > I need to find out how to stripe the machine name in sendmail so the
    > mail looks like @crawford.com.
    >
    > Any idea how I can do that in sendmail ??

    From this article :

    You need to use "Dj" to setup the visible.hostname.org", eg:

    # Set from address as @crawford.com
    Djcrawford.com

    Then setup the forwarding with 'DS', eg:

    #
    # "Smart" relay host (may be null)
    DSexchange.mail.relay.example.com

    Steve
    --
    Debian Systam Administration
    www.debian-administration.org

  3. Re: Help: Stripping machine name from sendmail

    [ Added comp.mail.sendmail and Followup-To -> comp.mail.sendmail ]

    In comp.unix.admin spam@steve.org.uk:
    >> I need to find out how to stripe the machine name in sendmail so the
    >> mail looks like @crawford.com.
    >>
    >> Any idea how I can do that in sendmail ??

    > From this article :

    > http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/63

    > You need to use "Dj" to setup the visible.hostname.org", eg:

    > # Set from address as @crawford.com
    > Djcrawford.com

    > Then setup the forwarding with 'DS', eg:

    > #
    > # "Smart" relay host (may be null)
    > DSexchange.mail.relay.example.com

    This isn't how one should configure sendmail, please never ever
    touch sendmail.cf, edit sendmail.mc and generate sendmail.cf with
    help of m4.

    #bofh excuse 294: PCMCIA slave driver

  4. Re: Help: Stripping machine name from sendmail

    underh20 wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I need to route all email via Sendmail at my Unix box through my
    > Exchange server, but the problem is that when the emails get relayed
    > they keep the machine name example. atlantis.crawford.com and some
    > sites do Reverse DNS on email addresses so they treat that address as
    > spam.
    >
    > I need to find out how to stripe the machine name in sendmail so the
    > mail looks like @crawford.com.
    >
    > Any idea how I can do that in sendmail ??

    Look at the masquerade

+ Reply to Thread