WGET Problem - Unix

This is a discussion on WGET Problem - Unix ; HI all: Can I just use WGET not cron schedule a download task every hour for one day for the same site download? Thanks for any idea....

  1. WGET Problem

    HI all:

    Can I just use WGET not cron schedule a download task every hour for
    one day for the same site download?

    Thanks for any idea.

  2. Re: WGET Problem

    yezi wrote:
    > HI all:
    >
    > Can I just use WGET not cron schedule a download task every hour for
    > one day for the same site download?
    >
    > Thanks for any idea.

    off the top of my head.... try this....

    ---------------------8<------------------------

    #!/bin/sh

    # change this to your url
    YOUR_URL=http://www.example.com

    # change this to your output file
    OUTPUT_FILE=/tmp/output.html

    while true
    do
    wget -N -q -O $OUTPUT_FILE $URL
    sleep 3600
    done

    # end of hourly wget script.

    --------------------->8------------------------

    If it is not obvious the script above just sits in the forground and
    does the wget stuff every hour.

    I would use cron though... then there are no issues with closing sessions and
    nohup and other misc terminal stuff that daemons shouln't have to face.

    any particular reason why cron is to be avoided?

    Rob

    --
    Rap it up for the common good
    Let us enlist the neighbourhood

    Tomtomclub, 1980.

  3. Re: WGET Problem

    thanks

  4. Re: WGET Problem

    On 10 Aug 2005 08:12:52 -0700, yezi wrote:
    > thanks

    Please include a bit of what you're responding to, and who said it, so
    we know what and who you're answering please.

  5. Re: WGET Problem

    yezi wrote:
    > thanks

    http://groups.google.com/googlegroup...ing_style.html

    Because most people reading newsgroups use something other than Google
    Groups.

+ Reply to Thread