nfsstat -m for checking timeo - Unix

This is a discussion on nfsstat -m for checking timeo - Unix ; I have mounting as below, on client side, I issue the command nfsstat -m, the timeo=650 /apps/commapps_sol from uxsun12-20:/eng/commapps_sol Flags: vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,symlink,rs ize=32768,wsize=32768,retrans=5,timeo=650 I would like to change the timeo to 10, where should I change? Thansk...

  1. nfsstat -m for checking timeo

    I have mounting as below, on client side, I issue the
    command nfsstat -m, the timeo=650

    /apps/commapps_sol from uxsun12-20:/eng/commapps_sol
    Flags:
    vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,symlink,rs ize=32768,wsize=32768,retrans=5,timeo=650

    I would like to change the timeo to 10, where should I change?
    Thansk

  2. Re: nfsstat -m for checking timeo

    Like everything else displayed in that output of nfsstat, timeo is a mount
    option you may specify in your automount map, vfstab, or mount comment line

    i.e.
    mount -F nfs -o
    vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,
    symlink,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,retrans=5,timeo=10
    server:/export/dir /mountpoint

    (all one line of course)

    blackdog wrote:

    > I have mounting as below, on client side, I issue the
    > command nfsstat -m, the timeo=650
    >
    > /apps/commapps_sol from uxsun12-20:/eng/commapps_sol
    > Flags:
    > vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,symlink,rs ize=32768,
    > wsize=32768,retrans=5,timeo=650
    >
    > I would like to change the timeo to 10, where should I change?
    > Thansk

  3. Re: nfsstat -m for checking timeo

    Jamie Beverly wrote:
    > Like everything else displayed in that output of nfsstat, timeo is a mount
    > option you may specify in your automount map, vfstab, or mount comment line
    >
    > i.e.
    > mount -F nfs -o
    > vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,
    > symlink,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,retrans=5,timeo=10
    > server:/export/dir /mountpoint
    >
    > (all one line of course)
    >
    > blackdog wrote:
    >
    > > I have mounting as below, on client side, I issue the
    > > command nfsstat -m, the timeo=650
    > >
    > > /apps/commapps_sol from uxsun12-20:/eng/commapps_sol
    > > Flags:
    > > vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,symlink,rs ize=32768,
    > > wsize=32768,retrans=5,timeo=650
    > >
    > > I would like to change the timeo to 10, where should I change?
    > > Thansk

    Is the configuration set up is on NIS server?
    I could not find the configuration at client side.
    I have checked vfstab or auto.master.

    mount -F nfs -o
    vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,*intr,link,
    symlink,rsize=32768,wsize=3276*8,retrans=5,timeo=1 0
    server:/export/dir /mountpoint

  4. Re: nfsstat -m for checking timeo

    It could be in NIS, if the mount in question is a automount, in which case a
    ypcat auto_master would indicate which map contained the mount.
    you can also check your local /etc/auto_master, and see if it's there.

    however the resource was mounted will be the location of the mount options
    used to mount it. i.e. if you typed mount -a, or perhaps
    mount /apps/commapps_sol, then it was mounted from /etc/vfstab. If it was
    mounted on the command line, then the mount options were specified at that
    time. If mounted via automount, then the options would be specified in the
    automount map, (which could be in nis, nis+, ldap, /etc/auto_*, etc)

    an example auto_master map might look like this:

    /apps auto_apps -retry=2

    and the auto_apps map might look like this

    commapps_sol -timeo=650,hard,rsize=32768,wsize=32768
    somehost:/export/apps_sol

    or, your vfstab may look like this

    somehost:/apps_sol - /apps/commapps_sol
    nfs - yes timeo=650,hard

    you should bare in mind that many of those values are default values, and
    may not be explicitely defined anywhere.

    blackdog wrote:

    > Jamie Beverly wrote:
    >> Like everything else displayed in that output of nfsstat, timeo is a
    >> mount option you may specify in your automount map, vfstab, or mount
    >> comment line
    >>
    >> i.e.
    >> mount -F nfs -o
    >> vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,
    >> symlink,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,retrans=5,timeo=10
    >> server:/export/dir /mountpoint
    >>
    >> (all one line of course)
    >>
    >> blackdog wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have mounting as below, on client side, I issue the
    >> > command nfsstat -m, the timeo=650
    >> >
    >> > /apps/commapps_sol from uxsun12-20:/eng/commapps_sol
    >> > Flags:
    >> > vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,symlink,rs ize=32768,
    >> > wsize=32768,retrans=5,timeo=650
    >> >
    >> > I would like to change the timeo to 10, where should I change?
    >> > Thansk

    > Is the configuration set up is on NIS server?
    > I could not find the configuration at client side.
    > I have checked vfstab or auto.master.
    >
    > mount -F nfs -o
    > vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,*intr,link,
    > symlink,rsize=32768,wsize=3276*8,retrans=5,timeo= 10
    > server:/export/dir /mountpoint

  5. Re: nfsstat -m for checking timeo

    I have NetApps as filer, and a sun solaris 8 as NIS server.
    I could not find mount set up configuretation on NIS server
    /etc/auto_master or
    /var/yp/src area.
    Any Idea? Appreciate your help.
    Thanks

    Jamie Beverly wrote:
    > It could be in NIS, if the mount in question is a automount, in which case a
    > ypcat auto_master would indicate which map contained the mount.
    > you can also check your local /etc/auto_master, and see if it's there.
    >
    > however the resource was mounted will be the location of the mount options
    > used to mount it. i.e. if you typed mount -a, or perhaps
    > mount /apps/commapps_sol, then it was mounted from /etc/vfstab. If it was
    > mounted on the command line, then the mount options were specified at that
    > time. If mounted via automount, then the options would be specified in the
    > automount map, (which could be in nis, nis+, ldap, /etc/auto_*, etc)
    >
    > an example auto_master map might look like this:
    >
    > /apps auto_apps -retry=2
    >
    > and the auto_apps map might look like this
    >
    > commapps_sol -timeo=650,hard,rsize=32768,wsize=32768
    > somehost:/export/apps_sol
    >

    > or, your vfstab may look like this
    >
    > somehost:/apps_sol - /apps/commapps_sol
    > nfs - yes timeo=650,hard
    >

    > you should bare in mind that many of those values are default values, and
    > may not be explicitely defined anywhere.
    >

    > blackdog wrote:
    >

    > > Jamie Beverly wrote:
    > >> Like everything else displayed in that output of nfsstat, timeo is a
    > >> mount option you may specify in your automount map, vfstab, or mount
    > >> comment line
    > >>
    > >> i.e.
    > >> mount -F nfs -o
    > >> vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,
    > >> symlink,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,retrans=5,timeo=10
    > >> server:/export/dir /mountpoint
    > >>
    > >> (all one line of course)

    > > Is the configuration set up is on NIS server?
    > > I could not find the configuration at client side.
    > > I have checked vfstab or auto.master.
    > >
    > > mount -F nfs -o
    > > vers=3,proto=udp,sec=sys,hard,*intr,link,
    > > symlink,rsize=32768,wsize=3276*8,retrans=5,timeo=1 0
    > > server:/export/dir /mountpoint

  6. Re: nfsstat -m for checking timeo

    There are files registry, registry.local and registry.default in the
    filer NetApps in /etc area. In these registry files contains
    configuration.
    Which command should I execute in order to activate the registry setup
    configuration. Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread