Old sun box up for grabs - Unix

This is a discussion on Old sun box up for grabs - Unix ; Hallo all, Bit of an oddie, this, but never mind. I have an old Sun ELC with external SCSI drive, currently running NetBSD. Due to imminent relocation, the wee thing has to go and I'd rather it went to a ...

  1. Old sun box up for grabs

    Hallo all,

    Bit of an oddie, this, but never mind. I have an old Sun ELC with
    external SCSI drive, currently running NetBSD. Due to imminent
    relocation, the wee thing has to go and I'd rather it went to a good
    home. If anyone wants it (and can collect from Edinburgh, Scotland),
    please drop me a line at jmd at nelefa dot org.

    Cheers

    Choobs

  2. Re: Old sun box up for grabs

    Sir Chewbury Gubbins wrote:
    > Hallo all,
    >
    > Bit of an oddie, this, but never mind. I have an old Sun ELC with
    > external SCSI drive, currently running NetBSD. Due to imminent
    > relocation, the wee thing has to go and I'd rather it went to a good
    > home. If anyone wants it (and can collect from Edinburgh, Scotland),
    > please drop me a line at jmd at nelefa dot org.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Choobs

    I have a friend who would like it but before making the drive he would
    like to know the specs of the hardware?

    -stackheap

  3. Re: Old sun box up for grabs

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:11:09 GMT, stackheap
    wrote:

    >Sir Chewbury Gubbins wrote:
    >> Hallo all,
    >>
    >> Bit of an oddie, this, but never mind. I have an old Sun ELC with
    >> external SCSI drive, currently running NetBSD. Due to imminent
    >> relocation, the wee thing has to go and I'd rather it went to a good
    >> home. If anyone wants it (and can collect from Edinburgh, Scotland),
    >> please drop me a line at jmd at nelefa dot org.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Choobs

    >I have a friend who would like it but before making the drive he would
    >like to know the specs of the hardware?

    Hi,

    There's a spec here :
    http://sunstuff.org/hardware/systems...ARCstationELC/

    It has the maximum memory it will take (a whopping 64Mb). The screen
    is a little dim, as old Sun screens tend to get.

    Cheers

    John

+ Reply to Thread