SysAdmin magazine CD of last N years of articles... - Unix

This is a discussion on SysAdmin magazine CD of last N years of articles... - Unix ; 050520 re: SysAdmin mag CD of last N years of articles: Can anyone comment on this - it sounds good, but does it have INDEXING? Require: article title, authors & keywords index so can find relevant fast. What exactly is ...

  1. SysAdmin magazine CD of last N years of articles...

    050520
    re: SysAdmin mag CD of last N years of articles:
    Can anyone comment on this - it sounds good, but does it have INDEXING?
    Require: article title, authors & keywords index so can find relevant fast.

    What exactly is the format - pdfs, htmls, text?
    It better work real well reading/searching on Linux/Solaris

    Thanks for any feedback.

  2. Re: SysAdmin magazine CD of last N years of articles...

    On Fri, 20 May 2005, Winslowe Lacesso wrote:

    > re: SysAdmin mag CD of last N years of articles:
    > Can anyone comment on this - it sounds good, but does it have INDEXING?
    > Require: article title, authors & keywords index so can find relevant fast.

    I can't recall offhand (my copy is at home in Kelowna), but I believe
    an index of sorts is provided.

    > What exactly is the format - pdfs, htmls, text?

    PDF and HTML, IIRC.

    > It better work real well reading/searching on Linux/Solaris

    Dunno about Linux, but it works fine with Solaris.

    PS Are you in Edmononton?

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

  3. Re: SysAdmin magazine CD of last N years of articles...

    Rich Teer writes:

    > PS Are you in Edmononton?

    Where is Edmononton? Or is it really that monotone :-)

    Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

  4. Re: SysAdmin magazine CD of last N years of articles...

    On Fri, 20 May 2005, Dragan Cvetkovic wrote:

    > Where is Edmononton? Or is it really that monotone :-)

    It's in a parallel universe, where everyone has only one ear. :-)

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

  5. Re: SysAdmin magazine CD of last N years of articles...

    Rich Teer wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 May 2005, Dragan Cvetkovic wrote:
    >

    >>Where is Edmononton? Or is it really that monotone :-)

    > It's in a parallel universe, where everyone has only one ear. :-)

    Hey, at least he's not in the Fraser Valley, or I would be Jealous

    --
    Coy Hile
    hile@cse.psu.edu

+ Reply to Thread