ksh command question - Unix

This is a discussion on ksh command question - Unix ; I would like a script but cant get it going: 1. ask to start, list files in /tmp that match foo.$DATE 2. Choose file associated with # (# of files found) 3. are you sure ? ( chance to back ...

  1. ksh command question

    I would like a script but cant get it going:

    1. ask to start, list files in /tmp that match foo.$DATE
    2. Choose file associated with # (# of files found)
    3. are you sure ? ( chance to back out )
    4. issue command based on this file choice. ( remove , mailx contents or
    scp)

    is it easier to use function, case, menus ? or just a line command ?

  2. Re: ksh command question

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 at 03:58 GMT, lucabrotsi wrote:
    > I would like a script but cant get it going:
    >
    > 1. ask to start, list files in /tmp that match foo.$DATE
    > 2. Choose file associated with # (# of files found)
    > 3. are you sure ? ( chance to back out )
    > 4. issue command based on this file choice. ( remove , mailx contents or
    > scp)
    >

    > is it easier to use function, case, menus ? or just a line command ?

    Yes and no, or some of, or all of, the above.

    Please don't multi-post. If you feel a question belongs in more
    than one newsgroup, please cross-post (put a comma-separated list
    on the "Newsgroups: " line.

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson
    Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach, 2005, Apress

+ Reply to Thread