Setting my terminal to binary mode - Unix

This is a discussion on Setting my terminal to binary mode - Unix ; How do I do this? I did, I think a "stty cs8", or something of that nature (whatever the manpage said) on Linux - didn't work Thanks....

  1. Setting my terminal to binary mode

    How do I do this?

    I did, I think a "stty cs8", or something of that nature (whatever the
    manpage said) on Linux - didn't work

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Setting my terminal to binary mode

    于 Tue, 03 May 2005 10:11:51 -0700,themf写到:

    > How do I do this?
    >
    > I did, I think a "stty cs8", or something of that nature (whatever the
    > manpage said) on Linux - didn't work
    >

    > Thanks.

    utf8 ?

  3. Re: Setting my terminal to binary mode

    On Thu, 05 May 2005 07:37:39 +0800,
    keeper wrote:

    > ? Tue, 03 May 2005 10:11:51 -0700?themf???
    >
    >> How do I do this?
    >>
    >> I did, I think a "stty cs8", or something of that nature (whatever the
    >> manpage said) on Linux - didn't work
    >>

    > utf8 ?

    cs8 just means "don't strip the data to 7bits". For binary mode you
    will need -icanon and -opost to disable processing of incomming and
    outgoing data. Also, the proper setting of parity modes is required.

    Villy

+ Reply to Thread