An alternative to AFP - Unix

This is a discussion on An alternative to AFP - Unix ; Sorry for the cross posting but I really need some expertese help with this. The company I work for is looking at either replacing or upgrading InfoPrint Manager as our print manager software. So it's up to me to do ...

  1. An alternative to AFP

    Sorry for the cross posting but I really need some expertese help with
    this.

    The company I work for is looking at either replacing or upgrading
    InfoPrint Manager as our print manager software. So it's up to me to
    do the research and come up with a short list of products, which can
    include InfoPrint. However, we use AFP extensively and I am just
    wondering if there is anyone out there who has managed to take the AFP
    ripping process out of the realtime environment and moved it into
    batch? Basically what I want to be able to do is pass a spool which
    specifies a formdef/pagedef through a filter to do the ripping that
    InfoPrint does. Any ideas?

    Thanks

  2. Re: An alternative to AFP

    Perhaps I can help. I work for Solimar and our AFP transforms are very
    fast and true to the original. I think the pricing below was
    overstated. Please call me if I can help.
    ....Guy... 858-849-2800.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread