Hi,

if you are using Amanda for backups with LTO2 drives, what tapetype do you
use in your amanda.conf file?

I googled a bit and saw a few different entries, length ranging from some
185000MB to 205000MB and with filemark being 0 or being some 85MB.

Presumably they were produced with "tapetype" program and seem to be tape
drive specific, but I am reluctant to run it here as we need it for 2
different tape drives (one at customer site) and it apparently take some 48
hours to write the whole tape (I would expect it would take 3-4 days with
LTO3 tapes then)!

TIA, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,