Re: mv swap to other partition - Unix

This is a discussion on Re: mv swap to other partition - Unix ; Yes it is a very old operating system, but it is not my decision though. I need to add one new disk and put the swap at the new disk. Would any one please provide some information how to do ...

  1. Re: mv swap to other partition

    Yes it is a very old operating system, but it is not my decision
    though.

    I need to add one new disk and put the swap at the new disk.
    Would any one please provide some information how to do parition and I
    can
    configure swap space on the new disk.

    Thanks

  2. Re: mv swap to other partition

    blackdog wrote:

    > I need to add one new disk and put the swap at the new disk.
    > Would any one please provide some information how to do parition and

    > can configure swap space on the new disk.

    Please provide context when you post. If I hadn't
    responded earlier I wouldn't know what you were
    discussing.

    To partition - use "format". It is a menu oriented
    program so read the man page and inspect the menu
    options carefully. Basically you slice-n-dice the
    drive, keep the "c" partition to be an overlap of the
    entire drive, pick one of the partitions to use as
    swap, and then enter that partion into /etc/fstab.
    On the fly I think "swapon -a" may work, but look
    through /etc/rc and follow it's chain of events
    looking for how it enables swap spaces. Then use
    what it uses or reboot.

+ Reply to Thread