remote monitoring display - Unix

This is a discussion on remote monitoring display - Unix ; We are looking at setting up a display that remotely displays several monitoring tools output. This probably would be a intel platform with a 20 to 30" monitor. We need to display our network topology status page (displays on a ...

  1. remote monitoring display

    We are looking at setting up a display that remotely displays several
    monitoring tools output. This probably would be a intel platform with
    a 20 to 30" monitor. We need to display our network topology status
    page (displays on a browser), hids status (java display), network
    trending tool (browser available), and more.

    I was wondering if there was a tool are script that rotates the display
    of these at a regular interval, say 45 to 90 seconds.

    Thanks
    Mike

  2. Re: remote monitoring display

    On 14 Mar 2005 10:20:22 -0800, mmccaws wrote:
    > We are looking at setting up a display that remotely displays several
    > monitoring tools output. This probably would be a intel platform with
    > a 20 to 30" monitor. We need to display our network topology status
    > page (displays on a browser), hids status (java display), network
    > trending tool (browser available), and more.
    >
    > I was wondering if there was a tool are script that rotates the display
    > of these at a regular interval, say 45 to 90 seconds.

    Easiest way to do this, might be to have a handful of low-end (otherwise
    retired) boxes as display units, hooked to a console switch that is
    on auto-scan between the multiple displays. I think our "Raritan"
    KVM's have this function.

    Dave Hinz

+ Reply to Thread