Hi, I am dealing with one issue in which select() call will wait for 5 minutes before SSL_read(). The application uses select() for timeout before SSL_read() call. So it just waits for 5 minutes and respond back with socket ready state. This happens while communicating with certain servers up on issuing certain requests only. The timeout set to select() is 10 minutes and I can't reduce it as this is the standard for that application.
So is there any other way for timeout other than select() for SSL_read()? I tried using SIGALRM signal to timeout if SSL_read hangs but not working as expected. If the server goes down during SSL_read, then the script will hang indefinitely. Please provide a help if anybody can.