Limiting process instance - Unix

This is a discussion on Limiting process instance - Unix ; Hi , How can I limit the number of instances of a process. Thanks in advance, Deepak...

  1. Limiting process instance

    Hi ,

    How can I limit the number of instances of a process.

    Thanks in advance,
    Deepak

  2. Re: Limiting process instance

    On Nov 11, 7:31*pm, Peerless wrote:

    > How can I limit the number of instances of a process.

    The easiest way to do it, is by using a lock file. Check for the
    existance of the lock file when starting the program. If it's there,
    exit. If it's not there, create it and continue.

    /Reine

  3. Re: Limiting process instance

    On Nov 11, 10:31*am, Peerless wrote:

    > Hi ,

    > How can I limit the number of instances of a process.

    There's no one right way. What goes wrong if you have too many
    instances?

    DS

+ Reply to Thread