Trying to use environment variable in rdist dist file - Unix

This is a discussion on Trying to use environment variable in rdist dist file - Unix ; I am using rdist, and trying to use an environment variable inside my dist file, but it is not being picked up. e.g. with env directory DDIR=/d, dist file contains: XDIR=${DDIR}/X then uses ${XDIR} but rdist complains that DDIR is ...

  1. Trying to use environment variable in rdist dist file

    I am using rdist, and trying to use an environment variable inside my
    dist file, but it is not being picked up.
    e.g. with env directory DDIR=/d,
    dist file contains:
    XDIR=${DDIR}/X
    then uses ${XDIR}
    but rdist complains that DDIR is undefined

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Trying to use environment variable in rdist dist file

    mark.bergman@thales-is.com wrote:
    > I am using rdist, and trying to use an environment variable inside my
    > dist file, but it is not being picked up.

    I don't see anywhere in the man page that suggests you can use arbitrary
    environment variables in the configuration file.

    Chris

  3. Re: Trying to use environment variable in rdist dist file

    mark.bergman@thales-is.com wrote:
    > I am using rdist, and trying to use an environment variable inside my
    > dist file, but it is not being picked up.

    I don't see anywhere in the man page that suggests you can use arbitrary
    environment variables in the configuration file.

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread