Unix script - identifying active node - Unix

This is a discussion on Unix script - identifying active node - Unix ; Hello, I'm trying to write a scripts that identifies the active node and copies the crontab of 3 different users to the storage. The script will run from root... 1.Do I need to change users for each copy? 2. how ...

  1. Unix script - identifying active node

    Hello,

    I'm trying to write a scripts that identifies the active node and
    copies the crontab of 3 different users to the storage.
    The script will run from root...
    1.Do I need to change users for each copy?
    2. how do I identify the active node (code)?

    Need help...
    ykeren

  2. Re: Unix script - identifying active node

    In article
    <88ced1e9-ef5f-44ba-9140-c113722ea90e@w1g2000prk.googlegroups.com>,
    ykeren wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to write a scripts that identifies the active node and
    > copies the crontab of 3 different users to the storage.
    > The script will run from root...
    > 1.Do I need to change users for each copy?
    > 2. how do I identify the active node (code)?

    What is an "active node"? This is not a normal Unix phrase.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA