How to map a UNIX locale to SAS locale? - Unix

This is a discussion on How to map a UNIX locale to SAS locale? - Unix ; Some UNIX locale is very clear. e.g. en_US.UTF-8 locale language is "English" region is "United States" So,it's SAS locale counterpart is "en_US" However, there are some locale on UNIX OS. e.g. iso_8859_13 iso_8859_15 iso_8859_1 iso_8859_2 iso_8859_5 iso_8859_7 iso_8859_9 it.UTF-8 What ...

  1. How to map a UNIX locale to SAS locale?

    Some UNIX locale is very clear.

    e.g. en_US.UTF-8 locale
    language is "English"
    region is "United States"

    So,it's SAS locale counterpart is "en_US"

    However, there are some locale on UNIX OS.
    e.g.
    iso_8859_13
    iso_8859_15
    iso_8859_1
    iso_8859_2
    iso_8859_5
    iso_8859_7
    iso_8859_9
    it.UTF-8

    What is the language and region they refer to? What is its SAS locale
    counterpart?

    Do we alreay have something for this mapping mechanism?

  2. Re: How to map a UNIX locale to SAS locale?

    On 10月29日, 上午3时41分, "Yingying Zhao" wrote:
    > Some UNIX locale is very clear.
    >
    > e.g. en_US.UTF-8 locale
    > language is "English"
    > region is "United States"
    >
    > So,it's SAS locale counterpart is "en_US"
    >
    > However, there are some locale on UNIX OS.
    > e.g.
    > iso_8859_13
    > iso_8859_15
    > iso_8859_1
    > iso_8859_2
    > iso_8859_5
    > iso_8859_7
    > iso_8859_9
    > it.UTF-8
    >
    > What is the language and region they refer to?

    European languages, see:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8859

  3. Re: How to map a UNIX locale to SAS locale?

    Very useful,thank you.
    "WANG Cong" 写入消息新闻:4236497b-9804-4053-b72b-b6bbc8fa4a6f@64g2000hsm.googlegroups.com...
    On 10月29日, 上午3时41分, "Yingying Zhao" wrote:
    > Some UNIX locale is very clear.
    >
    > e.g. en_US.UTF-8 locale
    > language is "English"
    > region is "United States"
    >
    > So,it's SAS locale counterpart is "en_US"
    >
    > However, there are some locale on UNIX OS.
    > e.g.
    > iso_8859_13
    > iso_8859_15
    > iso_8859_1
    > iso_8859_2
    > iso_8859_5
    > iso_8859_7
    > iso_8859_9
    > it.UTF-8
    >
    > What is the language and region they refer to?

    European languages, see:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8859

+ Reply to Thread