Solaris 10 health check for Network/ Weblogic - Unix

This is a discussion on Solaris 10 health check for Network/ Weblogic - Unix ; Hi, In Solaris 10, what stuff to check os level, when for few minutes, not able to telnet the remote SMTP (port 25). After we bouncing the Java (weblogic), its run fine. ndd close_wait was set to 60000 There are ...

  1. Solaris 10 health check for Network/ Weblogic

    Hi,

    In Solaris 10, what stuff to check os level, when for few minutes, not
    able to telnet the remote SMTP (port 25). After we bouncing the Java
    (weblogic), its run fine.

    ndd close_wait was set to 60000

    There are 32000+ close_wait connection at the time it occurs,
    plimit of java is 65535(no. of fd)

    Thanks,
    -Raxit

  2. Re: Solaris 10 health check for Network/ Weblogic

    "raxit@m4mum.com" writes:
    > There are 32000+ close_wait connection at the time it occurs,
    > plimit of java is 65535(no. of fd)

    That's a huge number of close-wait connections. Something's wrong.

    Generally, there are two things that can cause that sort of problem:

    1. Application bug. Close-wait state means that the peer has closed
    the connection (sent FIN), but the local application has not yet
    closed its end of the socket. That can happen by accident if the
    application forks and fails to close unwanted file descriptors in
    the child.

    2. OS bug. There've been some bugs that cause connections to be
    stuck in close-wait.

    Either way, I strongly suggest contacting Sun's support group.

    --
    James Carlson, Solaris Networking
    Sun Microsystems / 35 Network Drive 71.232W Vox +1 781 442 2084