object file format or processor arch - Unix

This is a discussion on object file format or processor arch - Unix ; Can any one tell me which is the process arch tech of HP-UX , SUSE 10 , AIX (IBM) is it ARM or MIPS? Actually i want to download zylin GCC & GDB binaries. (Cross compiler) I want to run ...

  1. object file format or processor arch

    Can any one tell me which is the process arch tech of HP-UX , SUSE
    10 , AIX (IBM)
    is it ARM or MIPS?

    Actually i want to download zylin GCC & GDB binaries. (Cross compiler)
    I want to run the gcc on windows and produce the binary for AIX, SUSE,
    HP-UX(atlieast any one)

    I am not able to figure out what to download from that table [from
    this link http://www.zylin.com/gccbinary.html]

    arm-elf
    cortex
    xscale mips-elf powerpc-eabi

  2. Re: object file format or processor arch

    doublemaster007@gmail.com wrote:
    > Can any one tell me which is the process arch tech of HP-UX , SUSE
    > 10 , AIX (IBM)
    > is it ARM or MIPS?
    >
    > Actually i want to download zylin GCC & GDB binaries. (Cross compiler)
    > I want to run the gcc on windows and produce the binary for AIX, SUSE,
    > HP-UX(atlieast any one)
    >
    > I am not able to figure out what to download from that table [from
    > this link http://www.zylin.com/gccbinary.html]
    >
    > arm-elf
    > cortex
    > xscale mips-elf powerpc-eabi

    AIX - PowerPC
    HP-UX - Spectrum, PA-RISC, and now Itanium (ia64)
    SuSE - i386, x86_64, ia64

    Cheers,
    Gary B-)

    whether you were up them with or not
    - Barry Humphries

  3. Re: object file format or processor arch

    On Oct 22, 6:39*pm, "Gary R. Schmidt" wrote:
    > doublemaster...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Can any one tell me which is the process arch tech of HP-UX , SUSE
    > > 10 , AIX (IBM)
    > > is it ARM or MIPS?

    > > Actually i want to download zylin GCC & GDB binaries. (Cross compiler)
    > > I want to run the gcc on windows and produce the binary for AIX, SUSE,
    > > HP-UX(atlieast any one)

    > > I am not able to figure out what to download from that table [from
    > > this linkhttp://www.zylin.com/gccbinary.html]

    > > arm-elf
    > > cortex
    > > xscale * * mips-elf * * * *powerpc-eabi

    > AIX - PowerPC
    > HP-UX - Spectrum, PA-RISC, and now Itanium (ia64)
    > SuSE - i386, x86_64, ia64
    >
    > * * * * Cheers,
    > * * * * * * * * Gary * *B-)
    >
    > --
    > __________________________________________________ _________________________*___
    > Armful of chairs: Something some people would not know
    > * * * * * * * * * *whether you were up them with or not
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - Barry Humphries

    Then what abut ARM and MIPS?i get lot of cross-compiler for these
    archs. are these totally different archs than PowerPC etc?

  4. Re: object file format or processor arch

    Muhammed writes:
    > On Oct 22, 6:39*pm, "Gary R. Schmidt" wrote:
    >> doublemaster...@gmail.com wrote:
    >> > Can any one tell me which is the process arch tech of HP-UX , SUSE
    >> > 10 , AIX (IBM)
    >> > is it ARM or MIPS?

    >> > Actually i want to download zylin GCC & GDB binaries. (Cross compiler)
    >> > I want to run the gcc on windows and produce the binary for AIX, SUSE,
    >> > HP-UX(atlieast any one)

    >> > I am not able to figure out what to download from that table [from
    >> > this linkhttp://www.zylin.com/gccbinary.html]

    >> > arm-elf
    >> > cortex
    >> > xscale * * mips-elf * * * *powerpc-eabi

    >> AIX - PowerPC
    >> HP-UX - Spectrum, PA-RISC, and now Itanium (ia64)
    >> SuSE - i386, x86_64, ia64

    [...]

    > Then what abut ARM and MIPS?i get lot of cross-compiler for these
    > archs. are these totally different archs than PowerPC etc?

    ARM is a RISC-architecture developed (and licensed) by Advanced Risc
    Maschines, Ltd. It is frequently used in consumer devices.

    MIPS ('Microprocessor Without Interlocked Pipeline Stages') is one the
    oldest still used RISC-architecutures. MIPS-CPUs used to be quite
    common in 'real computers' (eg Siemens RMxzy, running Sinix/ Reliant
    UNIX or SGI workstations and servers running IRIX), but (AFAIK)
    nowadays, nobody uses MIPS except for embedded in new products, too.

    All which have been mentioned so far are 'totally different kinds of
    CPUs'. By virtue of being a Linux-distribution, SuSE should support all
    or most of them plus maybe a few others.

+ Reply to Thread