hardware jpeg compression - Unix

This is a discussion on hardware jpeg compression - Unix ; Dear All, I am looking for hardware-accelerated Jpeg compression solution with linux drivers. Can you please advice? Thanks! Vitaly...

  1. hardware jpeg compression

    Dear All,

    I am looking for hardware-accelerated Jpeg compression solution with
    linux drivers.

    Can you please advice?

    Thanks!
    Vitaly

  2. Re: hardware jpeg compression

    vitalyk wrote:

    > Dear All,
    >

    > I am looking for hardware-accelerated Jpeg compression solution with
    > linux drivers.

    Not exactly an answer, but what are your requirements that you think you
    need hardware? Unless you want to work on an embedded device, or have
    really really huge images, your best bet is a software implementation.
    Cheaper, more stable, and fast enough if you pick the right vendor...

    So long,
    Thomas

+ Reply to Thread