How to make the script change works for current session window? - Unix

This is a discussion on How to make the script change works for current session window? - Unix ; Hi, I have made a change in my .bashrc file, and I would like to work for my current open window session, in stead of have to close my current session and relogin again. Can anyone tell me the command ...

  1. How to make the script change works for current session window?

    Hi,

    I have made a change in my .bashrc file, and I would like to work for
    my current open window session, in stead of have to close my current
    session and relogin again. Can anyone tell me the command to do that
    in bash script in Linux/Unix? I searched a few Linux/Unix tutorial but
    didn't find it.

    Thanks,

    Xiaoxiao

  2. Re: How to make the script change works for current session window?

    On Oct 8, 2:00 pm, Xiaoxiao wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have made a change in my .bashrc file, and I would like to work for
    > my current open window session, in stead of have to close my current
    > session and relogin again. Can anyone tell me the command to do that
    > in bash script in Linux/Unix? I searched a few Linux/Unix tutorial but
    > didn't find it.

    There are at least 3 ways to accomplish that:

    1. "exec bash" (replaces current with a new bash which
    rereads .bashrc)

    2. "source .bashrc"

    3. ". .bashrc"

+ Reply to Thread