Cluster/HA software (opensource is pref.) - Unix

This is a discussion on Cluster/HA software (opensource is pref.) - Unix ; Hi We are running Java Server (Weblogic,Sun,Pramati,IBM WS) etc, + Some Backend Programs (C-Binary). We wanted to create High availability/ Cluster stuff. OS : Solaris 10 Is there any opensource stuff avail we can use directly ? [i.e. download/build/configure and ...

  1. Cluster/HA software (opensource is pref.)

    Hi

    We are running Java Server (Weblogic,Sun,Pramati,IBM WS) etc, + Some
    Backend Programs (C-Binary).

    We wanted to create High availability/ Cluster stuff.

    OS : Solaris 10

    Is there any opensource stuff avail we can use directly ? [i.e.
    download/build/configure and Done !]

    -Raxit

  2. Re: Cluster/HA software (opensource is pref.)

    In article
    ,
    "raxit@m4mum.com" wrote:

    > Hi
    >

    > We are running Java Server (Weblogic,Sun,Pramati,IBM WS) etc, + Some
    > Backend Programs (C-Binary).
    >
    > We wanted to create High availability/ Cluster stuff.
    >
    > OS : Solaris 10
    >
    > Is there any opensource stuff avail we can use directly ? [i.e.
    > download/build/configure and Done !]
    >

    > -Raxit

    SunCluster is available here:

    http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/cluster/get.html

    If you want strictly open source, you'll have to dump Solaris 10 and go
    with OpenSolaris instead. I think zfs or another clustering filesystem
    is required to run SunCluster.

    Other alternatives require purchasing a vendor-specific solution like
    Veritas' HA solution.

    This product space isn't something you just pick up by reading. You'll
    need to do a lot of groundwork to get your environment ready to do
    clustering and HA. You might start by looking into training. Reading
    up will only be a drop in the bucket. HA is complex and usually can't
    just be downloaded, configured, and forgotten. So, fasten your seat
    belt, it's going to be a long ride.

    [I filter all Goggle Groups posts, so any reply may be automatically by ignored]

+ Reply to Thread