Checking weather a library is 32 or 64 bit - Unix

This is a discussion on Checking weather a library is 32 or 64 bit - Unix ; Hi, I built a library for a module (in OpenVMS) using one of the switch (/ POINTER_SIZE=64) when causes the OpenVMS compiler "cc" to build a 64 bit library. But I'm not sure not (since I'm not sure about the ...

  1. Checking weather a library is 32 or 64 bit

    Hi,

    I built a library for a module (in OpenVMS) using one of the switch (/
    POINTER_SIZE=64) when causes the OpenVMS compiler "cc" to build a 64
    bit library.
    But I'm not sure not (since I'm not sure about the switch) whether
    this newly generated library is actually a 64-bit library.
    Is there any general way (and/or any platform specific way) to check
    whether a library is 32 or 64 bit ?

    Would highly appreciate any help!
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Checking weather a library is 32 or 64 bit

    On Oct 1, 3:04*pm, Ankur wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I built a library for a module (in OpenVMS) using one of the switch (/
    > POINTER_SIZE=64) when causes the OpenVMS compiler "cc" to build a 64
    > bit library.
    > But I'm not sure not (since I'm not sure about the switch) whether
    > this newly generated library is actually a 64-bit library.
    > Is there any general way (and/or any platform specific way) to check
    > whether a library is 32 or 64 bit ?

    $file

    > Would highly appreciate any help!
    > Thanks.

    We love Mumbai
    www.m4mum.com
    -Raxit

  3. Re: Checking weather a library is 32 or 64 bit

    On Oct 1, 1:20*pm, "ra...@m4mum.com" wrote:
    > On Oct 1, 3:04*pm, Ankur wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I built a library for a module (in OpenVMS) using one of the switch (/
    > > POINTER_SIZE=64) when causes the OpenVMS compiler "cc" to build a 64
    > > bit library.
    > > But I'm not sure not (since I'm not sure about the switch) whether
    > > this newly generated library is actually a 64-bit library.
    > > Is there any general way (and/or any platform specific way) to check
    > > whether a library is 32 or 64 bit ?

    > $file
    >

    > > Would highly appreciate any help!
    > > Thanks.

    > We love Mumbai *www.m4mum.com
    > -Raxit

    Correction...
    Is there any way, in OpenVMS to check whether a library is 32 or 64
    bit ?

  4. Re: Checking weather a library is 32 or 64 bit

    Ankur writes:

    > Is there any way, in OpenVMS to check whether a library is 32 or 64
    > bit ?

    Likely yes, but why are you asking an OpenVMS question in
    comp . *unix* . programming?

    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

+ Reply to Thread