scp stuck while changing password - Unix

This is a discussion on scp stuck while changing password - Unix ; We had a system where a scp got "stuck" and was running for several days. We had changed the passwords on the user accounts at some point that day, although ssh keys had not changed. Could the scp have got ...

  1. scp stuck while changing password

    We had a system where a scp got "stuck" and was running for several
    days. We had changed the passwords on the user accounts at some point
    that day, although ssh keys had not changed. Could the scp have got
    stuck because the passwords changed as it was running?

  2. Re: scp stuck while changing password

    In article
    <587f7866-44ec-42df-b6cc-ff8b39801728@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
    mark.bergman@thales-is.com wrote:

    > We had a system where a scp got "stuck" and was running for several
    > days. We had changed the passwords on the user accounts at some point
    > that day, although ssh keys had not changed. Could the scp have got
    > stuck because the passwords changed as it was running?

    I don't think so. Authentication is only done when the connection is
    initiated.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA