mnakefile BEGIN/INITIAL/FIRST END/LAST/FINAL - Unix

This is a discussion on mnakefile BEGIN/INITIAL/FIRST END/LAST/FINAL - Unix ; all: ${A} ${B} ${C} ${D} ${E} If I run makefile with -j -l 2.0 it will run hundreds of jobs at the same time. (submitting to LSF) How can I insure that ${A} is run before any others and ${E} ...

  1. mnakefile BEGIN/INITIAL/FIRST END/LAST/FINAL

    all: ${A} ${B} ${C} ${D} ${E}

    If I run makefile with -j -l 2.0 it will run hundreds of jobs at the
    same time. (submitting to LSF)

    How can I insure that ${A} is run before any others and ${E} is run
    last without having
    ${B} may be 10000 items ${A} needs to run only once and not have a
    dependency to all 10k items.

    I thought about doing an "if" in the makefile

    ${B} : ${A}
    ${B} : ${G}

    ${G}:
    do something

    I'm using gnu make on a linux box.

  2. Re: mnakefile BEGIN/INITIAL/FIRST END/LAST/FINAL

    In bpatton writes:

    > all: ${A} ${B} ${C} ${D} ${E}

    > How can I insure that ${A} is run before any others and ${E} is run
    > last

    Wouldn't this work?

    all: ${E}
    commands_to_make_E