Unix Shell Scripting course in Kalwa - Unix

This is a discussion on Unix Shell Scripting course in Kalwa - Unix ; HI Friends, As Shell scripting is essential part of system administration day to day task. We are going to soon start shell scripting course. Let us know if any body or there friends intrested for same. *Below are contents.* *Introduction* ...

  1. Unix Shell Scripting course in Kalwa

    HI Friends,

    As Shell scripting is essential part of system administration day to
    day
    task. We are going to soon start shell scripting course.
    Let us know if any body or there friends intrested for same.

    *Below are contents.*

    *Introduction*

    This course is designed for beginners who wish to learn the basics of
    shell
    scripting/programming plus introduction to power tools such as awk,
    sed,
    etc. This course contains examples rather than all the features of
    shell.
    *Audience for this course*

    I assume you have at least working knowledge of Linux i.e. basic
    commands
    like how to create, copy, remove files/directories etc or how to use
    editor
    like vi or mcedit and login to your system. But not expects any
    programming
    language experience. If you have access to Linux, this course will
    provide
    you an easy-to-follow introduction to shell scripting.
    *What's different about this course*

    Many other tutorial and books on Linux /Aixshell scripting are either
    too
    basic, or skips important intermediate steps. But this course,
    maintained
    the balance between these two. It covers the many real life modern
    example
    of shell scripting which are almost missed by many other
    tutorials/documents/books. The idea is very clear "*do it yourself or
    learn
    by doing*" i.e. trying things yourself is the best way to learn, so
    examples
    are presented as complete working shell scripts, which can be typed
    in and
    executed
    *Sessions Organization*

    Session 1 to 4 shows most of the useful and important shell
    scripting
    concepts.

    Session 5: introduction to tools & utilities which can be used while
    programming the Linux shell smartly.

    Session 6 and 7: Is all about expression and expression mostly used
    by tools
    such as sed and awk. Chapter 8 is loaded with tons of shell
    scripting
    examples divided into different categories. Chapter 9 gives more
    resources
    information which can be used while learning the shell scripting
    like
    information on Linux file system, common Linux command reference and
    other
    resources.

    Session 1 introduces to basic concepts such as what is Linux, where
    Linux
    can used and continue enplaning the shell, shell script and kernel
    etc.

    Session 2 shows how to write the shell script and execute them. It
    explains
    many basic concepts which require writing shell script.

    Session 3 is all about making decision in shell scripting as well as
    loops
    in shell. It explains what expression are, how shell understands the
    condition/decisions. It also shows you nesting concept for if and for
    loop
    statement and debugging of shell script.

    Session 4 introduces the many advanced shell scripting concepts such
    as
    function, user interface, File Descriptors, signal handling,
    Multiple
    command line arguments etc.

    Session 5 introduces to powerful utility programs which can be used
    variety
    of purpose while programming the shell scripting.

    Session 6 and 7 gives more information on patterns, filters,
    expressions,
    and off course sed and awk.

    Session 8 contains lot of example of shell scripting divided into
    various
    category such as logic development, system administration etc.

    Regards

    Shubham-
    shubhamcomp@gmail.com

  2. Re: Unix Shell Scripting course in Kalwa

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 23:25:54 -0700 (PDT),
    Shubham wrote:
    > HI Friends,

    Err, who are you?

    > As Shell scripting is essential part of system administration day to
    > day task. We are going to soon start shell scripting course. Let us
    > know if any body or there friends intrested for same.

    Most people here will have that skill down pat already, and even more
    won't be located in Kalwa (wherever that is). So, I suggest that instead
    of announcing this world-wide to an audience that is likely far beyond
    what you can teach, you could find a better venue to announce this.

  3. Re: Unix Shell Scripting course in Kalwa

    On Sep 23, 3:24 am, jpd wrote:
    > > As Shell scripting is essential part of system administration day to
    > > day task. We are going to soon start shell scripting course. Let us
    > > know if any body or there friends intrested for same.

    > Most people here will have that skill down pat already, and even more
    > won't be located in Kalwa (wherever that is). So, I suggest that instead
    > of announcing this world-wide to an audience that is likely far beyond
    > what you can teach, you could find a better venue to announce this.

    The name "Kalwa" rang a bell; it's a suburb of Mumbai, India. Two
    good venues for such announcements in the future would be:

    Twincling Technology Foundation, and

    per:

    * Linux/BSD kernel, device drivers, modules, device support
    * x86, IA-64, AMD64, HyperTransport, Tool chains, Debuggers
    * Gentoo Linux, Ubuntu, OpenSuSe, Slackware, PC BSD
    * GRUB, System installation, upgrades and configuration
    * X windows, Graphics, OpenGL, Qt, KDE, Plugins
    * MySQL, PostGreSQL, SQLite, Data mining, Warehousing
    * Machine Learning, Gaming, Visualization, SDL
    * Apache HTTP, CGI, SSL, Web services, REST, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI
    * LAMP, Drupal, PHP, Blog API, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, MVC
    * Tcl, Lua, Python, PERL, Erlang, Haskell, FP/DSLs
    * ASN.1, XML, XSLT, XPath, XPointer, DOM, JSON, AJAX
    * C/C++ Programming, pthreads, STL, Boost, auto* tools, cmake
    * Java, JEE, Tomcat,JBoss, Struts, Spring, Hibernate
    * OpenMoko, Qtopia, Mobile app tools, J2ME
    * Technical News, Articles, Magazines and Book recommendations
    * Events, Saturday Meets (TSM), BoFs, Hackathons, Workshops

+ Reply to Thread