file handling using shell scripting - Unix

This is a discussion on file handling using shell scripting - Unix ; Hi All , I am new to shell scripting.i donot know whether this is right group to post this. Thought many veteran's must have idea about this. i have a shell script , i want to it to do one ...

  1. file handling using shell scripting

    Hi All ,

    I am new to shell scripting.i donot know whether this is right group
    to post this.

    Thought many veteran's must have idea about this.
    i have a shell script , i want to it to do one more job for me. ie
    mounting a directory over other
    using lofs .
    i have done it manually using
    1) mount command
    mount -F lofs /export/home/dju /dju
    2) entry into /etc/vstab file
    /export/home/dju - /dju lofs - yes -

    how can i do this in shell script .

    can somebody help me.

    Regards
    Aki

  2. Re: file handling using shell scripting

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 23:51:19 -0700 (PDT), aki wrote:
    > Hi All ,
    >
    > I am new to shell scripting.i donot know whether this is right group
    > to post this.

    Maybe comp.unix.shell would be better. :-)

    Basically for the beginner, shell scripts is where you put the
    commands that you would run from the command line.

    Once you get the hang of the scripting language, you can make
    more complex scripts.

    Some light reading found here
    http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/index.html

    > Thought many veteran's must have idea about this.
    > i have a shell script , i want to it to do one more job for me. ie
    > mounting a directory over other
    > using lofs .
    > i have done it manually using
    > 1) mount command