how to capture pcap ? - Unix

This is a discussion on how to capture pcap ? - Unix ; I want to know the command line tool capture packets in Linux or FreeBSD. Thanks...

  1. how to capture pcap ?

    I want to know the command line tool capture packets in Linux or
    FreeBSD.

    Thanks

  2. Re: how to capture pcap ?

    In article
    ,
    DanielJohnson wrote:

    > I want to know the command line tool capture packets in Linux or
    > FreeBSD.
    >
    > Thanks

    tcpdump

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  3. Re: how to capture pcap ?

    On Sep 18, 2:24*am, DanielJohnson wrote:
    > I want to know the command line tool capture packets in Linux or
    > FreeBSD.

    libpcap
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/libpcap/

    > Thanks