ioctl() system call on Linux, again - Unix

This is a discussion on ioctl() system call on Linux, again - Unix ; Greetings, Please help me with the following : Where can I find what means exactly and how to use each of the second argument of the ioctl() system call in Linux : FIOxxx (file IOCTL requests), SIOxxx (socket IOCTL requests), ...

  1. ioctl() system call on Linux, again

    Greetings,

    Please help me with the following :

    Where can I find what means exactly and how to use each of the second
    argument of the ioctl() system call in Linux : FIOxxx (file IOCTL
    requests), SIOxxx (socket IOCTL requests), TCxxx TIOxxx (terminal
    IOCTL requests) ?

    I did not find yet anything useful on Internet about this topic.

    Thanks,
    Alexandru Goia.

  2. Re: ioctl() system call on Linux, again

    alexandrug wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > Please help me with the following :
    >
    > Where can I find what means exactly and how to use each of the second
    > argument of the ioctl() system call in Linux : FIOxxx (file IOCTL
    > requests), SIOxxx (socket IOCTL requests), TCxxx TIOxxx (terminal
    > IOCTL requests) ?
    >
    > I did not find yet anything useful on Internet about this topic.

    Try your man pages, does your system have termio and sockio man pages?

    --
    Ian Collins.

+ Reply to Thread