SIGPIPE on cygwin - Unix

This is a discussion on SIGPIPE on cygwin - Unix ; Hi, I don't get SIGPIPE on cygwin in case there is a new pipe connection. Does anybody know if this is a known problem and if there is a work around for this issue? I setup the signal handler with ...

  1. SIGPIPE on cygwin

    Hi,

    I don't get SIGPIPE on cygwin in case there is a new pipe connection.
    Does anybody know if this is a known problem and if there is a work
    around for this issue?

    I setup the signal handler with sigaction, and the same code works well
    on Solaris and Linux...

    Any ideas?

    - Thomas

  2. Re: SIGPIPE on cygwin

    Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I don't get SIGPIPE on cygwin in case there is a new pipe connection.
    > Does anybody know if this is a known problem and if there is a work
    > around for this issue?
    >
    > I setup the signal handler with sigaction, and the same code works well
    > on Solaris and Linux...
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > - Thomas

    Of course, I'm talking about SIGPOLL...

    Sorry for the confusion!

  3. Re: SIGPIPE on cygwin

    Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:
    > Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I don't get SIGPIPE on cygwin in case there is a new pipe connection.
    >> Does anybody know if this is a known problem and if there is a work
    >> around for this issue?
    >>
    >> I setup the signal handler with sigaction, and the same code works well
    >> on Solaris and Linux...
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> - Thomas

    > Of course, I'm talking about SIGPOLL...
    >
    > Sorry for the confusion!

    I got an answer on gmane.os.cygwin. SIGPOLL is not implemented in 1.5.
    Plans are to implement it for 1.7.

    - Thomas

+ Reply to Thread