A qestion regarding sshd - Unix

This is a discussion on A qestion regarding sshd - Unix ; Hi, SSH can use public-private key encryption to secure the connection, take Diffie-Hellman algorithm as example(RSA is too complicated), the purpose of public key and private key is to generate a "same key" used for both side to do symmetric ...

  1. A qestion regarding sshd

    Hi,

    SSH can use public-private key encryption to secure the connection,
    take Diffie-Hellman algorithm as example(RSA is too complicated), the
    purpose of public key and private key is to generate a "same key" used
    for both side to do symmetric encryption, but the "same key" is not
    transferred on the wire so it can't be sniffered.

    My question is , does SSHD use many public keys for one machine(One
    user one public key)?, or just a common public key for all the users?

    Thanks.
    Bin

  2. Re: A qestion regarding sshd

    On Aug 24, 2:13*am, Bin Chen wrote:

    > SSH can use public-private key encryption to secure the connection,
    > take Diffie-Hellman algorithm as example(RSA is too complicated), the
    > purpose of public key and private key is to generate a "same key" used
    > for both side to do symmetric encryption, but the "same key" is not
    > transferred on the wire so it can't be sniffered.

    > My question is , does SSHD use many public keys for one machine(One
    > user one public key)?, or just a common public key for all the users?

    Normally, SSHD uses a single public key for the machine.

    DS

+ Reply to Thread