USB HardDrivesin HCL - Unix

This is a discussion on USB HardDrivesin HCL - Unix ; I need to have backup of huge files till now I have problems with cdrtools to have backup on DVD. Please can any body advice using USB hardrives (PnP) to have backup on them OR they are not supported by ...

  1. USB HardDrivesin HCL

    I need to have backup of huge files till now I have problems with
    cdrtools to have backup on DVD. Please can any body advice using USB
    hardrives (PnP) to have backup on them OR they are not supported by
    Solaris 10 11 /06 x86 .
    Thanks in advance for your co-operation .

  2. Re: USB HardDrivesin HCL

    [why do you cross post to so many groups?]

    happytoday wrote:
    > I need to have backup of huge files till now I have problems with
    > cdrtools to have backup on DVD.

    Then use cdrw.

    > Please can any body advice using USB hardrives (PnP) to have backup

    Plug one in and use it.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  3. Re: USB HardDrivesin HCL

    On Aug 16, 11:43 am, Ian Collins wrote:
    > [why do you cross post to so many groups?]
    >
    > happytoday wrote:
    > > I need to have backup of huge files till now I have problems with
    > > cdrtools to have backup on DVD.

    > Then use cdrw.
    >
    > > Please can any body advice using USB hardrives (PnP) to have backup

    > Plug one in and use it.
    >
    > --
    > Ian Collins.

    cdrw is not used for DVD . It is only for CDs.
    If what I am saying is not true please advice me a syntax for cdrw for
    DVD backup .
    Thanks

  4. Re: USB HardDrivesin HCL

    quoting happytoday (Sat, 16 Aug 2008 06:42:07 -0700 (PDT)):
    > On Aug 16, 11:43 am, Ian Collins wrote:
    >> happytoday wrote:
    >> > I need to have backup of huge files till now I have problems with
    >> > cdrtools to have backup on DVD.

    >> Then use cdrw.
    >>
    >> > Please can any body advice using USB hardrives (PnP) to have backup

    >> Plug one in and use it.

    > cdrw is not used for DVD . It is only for CDs.
    > If what I am saying is not true please advice me a syntax for cdrw for
    > DVD backup .

    Cdrw does not behave differently writing to CD or DVD.
    Just use it and don't worry about de disk inside your burner.
    Statements like yours that dvrw is not for DVD are bollocks.

    --
    Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
    ++ http://nagual.nl/ | SunOS 10u5 05/08 ++

  5. Re: USB HardDrivesin HCL

    happytoday wrote:
    > On Aug 16, 11:43 am, Ian Collins wrote:
    >> [why do you cross post to so many groups?]
    >>
    >> happytoday wrote:
    >>> I need to have backup of huge files till now I have problems with
    >>> cdrtools to have backup on DVD.

    >> Then use cdrw.
    >>
    >>> Please can any body advice using USB hardrives (PnP) to have backup

    >> Plug one in and use it.

    Will you ever learn not to quote signatures?

    > cdrw is not used for DVD . It is only for CDs.

    Nonsense.

    > If what I am saying is not true please advice me a syntax for cdrw for
    > DVD backup .

    man cdrw.

    --
    Ian Collins.