DNS holes - Unix

This is a discussion on DNS holes - Unix ; Hello, It seems to me that the DNS protocol will always have holes for DNS poisoning. Is there a way to completely protect against that? Maybe another protocol or another version of DNS? I ask this mostly from the Internet ...

  1. DNS holes

    Hello,

    It seems to me that the DNS protocol will always have holes for DNS
    poisoning. Is there a way to completely protect against that? Maybe
    another protocol or another version of DNS? I ask this mostly from the
    Internet user point of view. But I'm also interested in knowing how you
    deal with DNS lookups on the networks you admin, do you do anything to
    protect your users from DNS poisoning?

  2. Re: DNS holes

    In article <20080815173653.94aa4dbe.almeidaraf@gmail.com>,
    "Rafael C. Almeida" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > It seems to me that the DNS protocol will always have holes for DNS
    > poisoning. Is there a way to completely protect against that? Maybe
    > another protocol or another version of DNS? I ask this mostly from the
    > Internet user point of view. But I'm also interested in knowing how you
    > deal with DNS lookups on the networks you admin, do you do anything to
    > protect your users from DNS poisoning?

    Is there a reason you're asking this in a Unix group rather than a DNS
    group? DNS is not a Unix-specific protocol?

    Anyway, the eventual answer to your question is DNSSEC.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA