Syslogd configuration for a central syslog repository - Unix

This is a discussion on Syslogd configuration for a central syslog repository - Unix ; Hi all, I have a server that receives syslog messages from multiple machines. I would like that remote syslog messages will be stored into /var/log/ IP.log file and not /var/log/messages. Any idea ? Thanks in advance, Thomas....

  1. Syslogd configuration for a central syslog repository

    Hi all,

    I have a server that receives syslog messages from multiple machines.
    I would like that remote syslog messages will be stored into /var/log/
    IP.log file and not /var/log/messages.

    Any idea ?

    Thanks in advance, Thomas.

  2. Re: Syslogd configuration for a central syslog repository

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 01:52:33 -0700 (PDT),
    H4mm3r wrote:
    > I have a server that receives syslog messages from multiple machines.
    > I would like that remote syslog messages will be stored into /var/log/
    > IP.log file and not /var/log/messages.

    Use a syslogd that supports that. Like, oh, minirsyslogd[1], for example.

    [1] http://www.clueby4.org/minirsyslogd/