system call tracing - Unix

This is a discussion on system call tracing - Unix ; I have written a program pappu.c. I want to know how many system calls this make and wht are the parameter pasiing . Can anyone help me ???...

  1. system call tracing

    I have written a program pappu.c. I want to know how many system calls
    this make and wht are the parameter pasiing . Can anyone help me ???

  2. Re: system call tracing

    asit schrieb:
    > I have written a program pappu.c. I want to know how many system calls
    > this make and wht are the parameter pasiing . Can anyone help me ???

    that depends on your OS:
    Linux: strace
    Solaris: truss

  3. Re: system call tracing

    Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:
    > asit schrieb:
    >> I have written a program pappu.c. I want to know how many system calls
    >> this make and wht are the parameter pasiing . Can anyone help me ???

    > that depends on your OS:
    > Linux: strace
    > Solaris: truss

    Or Dtrace.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  4. Re: system call tracing

    I am using Linux. Can anyone give me a link for a good article on
    strace ???

    On Aug 9, 2:07*am, Ian Collins wrote:
    > Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:
    > > asit schrieb:
    > >> I have written a program pappu.c. I want to know how many system calls
    > >> this make and wht are the parameter pasiing *. Can anyone help me ???

    > > that depends on your OS:
    > > Linux: * strace
    > > Solaris: truss

    > Or Dtrace.
    >
    > --
    > Ian Collins.

  5. Re: system call tracing

    On Aug 8, 11:49 pm, asit wrote:
    > I am using Linux. Can anyone give me a link for a good article on
    > strace ???
    >
    > On Aug 9, 2:07 am, Ian Collins wrote:
    >
    > > Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:

    > > > that depends on your OS:
    > > > Linux: strace
    > > > Solaris: truss

    > > Or Dtrace.

    > > --
    > > Ian Collins.

    $ man strace

    regards,
    DMW

  6. Re: system call tracing

    On Aug 8, 5:25 am, Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:
    > asit schrieb:
    >
    > > I have written a program pappu.c. I want to know how many system calls
    > > this make and wht are the parameter pasiing . Can anyone help me ???

    > that depends on your OS:
    > Linux: strace
    > Solaris: truss

    HP-UX: tusc