How can I get stdscr size in ncurses? - Unix

This is a discussion on How can I get stdscr size in ncurses? - Unix ; Hi Is there an ncurses library function that will give me the height and width of stdscr? I know I could get it direct using tcgetattr() but I'd rather just use curses. Thanks B2003...

  1. How can I get stdscr size in ncurses?

    Hi

    Is there an ncurses library function that will give me the height and
    width of stdscr? I know I could get it direct using tcgetattr() but
    I'd rather just use curses.

    Thanks

    B2003

  2. Re: How can I get stdscr size in ncurses?

    On Aug 8, 11:35*am, Boltar wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Is there an ncurses library function that will give me the height and
    > width of stdscr? I know I could get it direct using tcgetattr() but
    > I'd rather just use curses.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > B2003

    getmaxyx(stdscr, row, col); /* find the boundaries of the screeen */

    I also vaguely remember the variables COLUMNS and LINES to be defined.

+ Reply to Thread