ANN: Seed7 Release 2008-08-03 - Unix

This is a discussion on ANN: Seed7 Release 2008-08-03 - Unix ; Hello, I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20080803.tgz In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used when ...

  1. ANN: Seed7 Release 2008-08-03

    Hello,

    I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20080803.tgz

    In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
    can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
    templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
    used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
    solutions are more obvious.

    Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).

    Changelog:
    - The charsets.s7i library was renamed to chartype.s7i .
    - A new charsets.s7i library, which contains 44 codepages and the
    functions conv2unicode and conv2unicodeByName, was added.
    - The encoding.s7i library, which contains encoding and decoding
    functions for Base64 and Quoted-printable, was added.
    - The functions 'ord' and 'conv' and a 'for' loop were added to the
    type 'category' defined in the progs.s7i library.
    - The functions getWord, getQuotedText and getHttpSymbol were added
    to the scanstri.s7i library.
    - The functions getSymbolOrComment, getSymbol and getSymbolInHtmlTag
    of the scanstri.s7i library were improved to return symbols without
    leading whitespace.
    - The function getHtmlTagOrContent was renamed to getXmlTagOrContent
    in the scanfile.s7i library.
    - A 'for key' loop for arrays, a 'for' loop for HASHSETs, a 'str'
    function to convert integers to strings with base, a 'lpad0'
    operator for strings and the functions striToUtf8, utf8ToStri and
    toInt were added to the seed7_05.s7i library.
    - The files cgi.s7i and bas7.sd7 were improved to use the new toInt
    function.
    - The interpreter and the compiler (comp.sd7) were improved to
    support the new primitive actions INT_STR_BASED, STR_LPAD0,
    STR_TOUTF8 and STR_UTF8TOSTRI.
    - The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to generate better code for
    the primitive actions ARR_IDX, STR_ELEMCPY and STR_IDX.
    - The toutf8.sd7 example program was modified to use the new
    charsets.s7i library.
    - The files heaputl.c, heaputl.h, str_rtl.c and strlib.c were
    improved to use strings with capacity for the primitive actions
    STR_APPEND, STR_CAT and STR_HEAD.
    - The makefiles were changed to use the $(CFLAGS) always when $(CC)
    is invoked.
    - The socClose function in the file soc_rtl.c was improved to call
    close() or closesocket() depending on the operation system.
    - The functions socGetc, socLineRead and socWordRead of the file
    soc_rtl.c were improved to interpret characters >= '\128\' as
    unsigned.

    Greetings Thomas Mertes

  2. Re: ANN: Seed7 Release 2008-08-03

    thomas.mertes@gmx.at wrote:
    > Hello,

    Hello,

    > - The makefiles were changed to use the $(CFLAGS) always when $(CC)
    > is invoked.

    \o/

    btw, are you getting my e-mails?

    --
    Pietro Cerutti

  3. Re: ANN: Seed7 Release 2008-08-03

    On 8 Aug., 00:53, Pietro Cerutti wrote:
    > thomas.mer...@gmx.at wrote:
    > > Hello,

    > Hello,
    >
    > > - The makefiles were changed to use the $(CFLAGS) always when $(CC)
    > > * is invoked.

    > \o/
    >
    > btw, are you getting my e-mails?

    Not that I know of.
    I just looked into my mailbox and into the seed7-users mailing
    list and did not find your name as sender.

    The address of the seed7-users mailing list and my email address
    are mentioned here:
    http://seed7.sourceforge.net/links.htm

    Please mention Seed7 in the subject to distinguish your mail from
    spam.

    In general it is also possible to discuss Seed7 things here.

    Greetings Thomas Mertes