Audit Reports - Unix

This is a discussion on Audit Reports - Unix ; please write a Shell script to generate an audit report of a root directory and all subsequent sub-directories and files under it, the report should be able to 1. list any directories/files changes in size and content, addition, deletion of ...

  1. Audit Reports

    please write a Shell script to generate an audit report of a root
    directory and all subsequent sub-directories and files under it, the
    report should be able to
    1. list any directories/files changes in size and content, addition,
    deletion of any of them.
    2. It could be run for different location passing param.

    the live example is:
    we have all our pkgs installed on unix machine say for eg in /tmp
    location, if someone inserts updates or deletes any file(s) in any of
    the pkg/directory from this location we should get an alert audit
    report.

    please help...

  2. Re: Audit Reports

    Kingmaker writes:
    >please write a Shell script to generate an audit report of a root
    >directory and all subsequent sub-directories and files under it, the
    >report should be able to
    >1. list any directories/files changes in size and content, addition,
    >deletion of any of them.
    >2. It could be run for different location passing param.
    >
    >the live example is:
    >we have all our pkgs installed on unix machine say for eg in /tmp
    >location, if someone inserts updates or deletes any file(s) in any of
    >the pkg/directory from this location we should get an alert audit
    >report.
    >

    >please help...

    tripwire

    scott

  3. Re: Audit Reports

    On Jul 1, 3:43 pm, sc...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:
    > Kingmaker writes:
    > >please write a Shell script to generate an audit report of a root
    > >directory and all subsequent sub-directories and files under it, the
    > >report should be able to
    > >1. list any directories/files changes in size and content, addition,
    > >deletion of any of them.
    > >2. It could be run for different location passing param.

    > >the live example is:
    > >we have all our pkgs installed on unix machine say for eg in /tmp
    > >location, if someone inserts updates or deletes any file(s) in any of
    > >the pkg/directory from this location we should get an alert audit
    > >report.

    > >please help...

    > tripwire
    >
    > scott

    Or AIDE:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/aide

  4. Re: Audit Reports

    Can any one please help in writing a shell script to get the above
    result.

    I am very much new to the shell script.

+ Reply to Thread