Is puts() reentrant? - Unix

This is a discussion on Is puts() reentrant? - Unix ; Hi Group, Please let me know if puts() is a reentrant function? and is it safe to use in a signal handler? Please give ur inputs ASAP. Thanks....

  1. Is puts() reentrant?

    Hi Group,

    Please let me know if puts() is a reentrant function? and is it safe
    to use in a signal handler?

    Please give ur inputs ASAP.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Is puts() reentrant?

    edu.mvk@gmail.com writes:
    > Please let me know if puts() is a reentrant function? and is it safe
    > to use in a signal handler?

    It is supposed to be reentrant, but not async-signal safe.

  3. Re: Is puts() reentrant?

    edu.mvk wrote:

    > Please give ur inputs ASAP.

    Just FYI "your" is spelled Y-O-U-R.

  4. Re: Is puts() reentrant?

    On Jun 16, 7:01*pm, Noob wrote:
    > edu.mvk wrote:
    > > Please give ur inputs ASAP.

    > Just FYI "your" is spelled Y-O-U-R.

    @ Noob

    Great!! thanks for the clarification...
    Please provide if YOU have the answer to my query.

  5. Re: Is puts() reentrant?

    edu.mvk wrote:

    > Please provide if YOU have the answer to my query.

    What's wrong with Rainer's answer?

    http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/...html#tag_03_26
    http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/...l#tag_02_04_04

    http://www.opengroup.org/austin/mail.../msg11333.html
    http://www.opengroup.org/austin/mail.../msg10748.html

    (IMHO asking a newsgroup to reply "ASAP" is begging to be ignored.)

+ Reply to Thread