C_INCLUDE_PATH and gcc -I option - Unix

This is a discussion on C_INCLUDE_PATH and gcc -I option - Unix ; I would like to know the difference between using the C_INCLUDE_PATH and using the -I option with compilers. How are they different? The problem which I am facing is that I am having a source base which uses python. I ...

  1. C_INCLUDE_PATH and gcc -I option

    I would like to know the difference between using the
    C_INCLUDE_PATH and using the -I option with compilers. How are they
    different?

    The problem which I am facing is that I am having a
    source base which uses python. I am currently enabling compile time
    option _POSIX_C_SOURCE in my Makefile. The compilaiton fails if i
    include -I option to /usr/include/python2.4

    /usr/include/python2.4/pyconfig-32.h:838:1: error: "_POSIX_C_SOURCE"
    redefined

    but if i do

    export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include/python2.4

    I do not face any compilation issues.

    I would like to know if there is anything i am missing on this.

  2. Re: C_INCLUDE_PATH and gcc -I option

    Madhur wrote:

    > I would like to know the difference between using the
    > C_INCLUDE_PATH and using the -I option with compilers. How are they
    > different?

    C_INCLUDE_PATH is probably like -isystem instead of -I, which may disable
    warnings for files in that directory.

+ Reply to Thread