Signals question - Unix

This is a discussion on Signals question - Unix ; Hi Is there a way to define a handler for an entire signal set in one function call instead of manually having to call sigaction() (or signal()) for each signal? It seems odd you can block/unblock all signals using a ...

  1. Signals question

    Hi

    Is there a way to define a handler for an entire signal set in one
    function call instead of manually having to call sigaction() (or
    signal()) for each signal? It seems odd you can block/unblock all
    signals using a sigset_t with sigprocmask() but not obvious way to set
    the handler so easily.

    Thanks for any help

    B2003

  2. Re: Signals question

    thagor2008@googlemail.com wrote:
    > Is there a way to define a handler for an entire signal set in one
    > function call instead of manually having to call sigaction() (or
    > signal()) for each signal? It seems odd you can block/unblock all
    > signals using a sigset_t with sigprocmask() but not obvious way to set
    > the handler so easily.

    Not that I would know. But setting a signal handler is a bit
    different from (un)blocking a set of signals since it has to
    return the old signal handler so it can be restored. I guess
    that setting the same handler for a lot of signals is to rare
    a problem that it would have been thought of as requiring a
    specialized function when a rather simple loop will do.

    Regards, Jens