  1. Discover PID from Port

    Hi:

    Does anyone know how to programatically get the PID based on a port
    number in UNIX (Solaris)? I'm looking for something more portable than
    shelling out and calling lsof .

  2. Re: Discover PID from Port

    see the pfiles source code at opensolaris.org

    http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xr...files/pfiles.c

    and iterate over all pids in /proc

    - Surinder

  3. Re: Discover PID from Port

    On Jun 8, 1:29 pm, Surinder Singh wrote:
    > Jason8 wrote:
    > > Hi:

    > > Does anyone know how to programatically get the PID based on a port
    > > number in UNIX (Solaris)? I'm looking for something more portable than
    > > shelling out and calling lsof .

    > see the pfiles source code at opensolaris.org
    >
    > http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xr...sr/src/cmd/pto...
    >
    > and iterate over all pids in /proc
    >
    > - Surinder
    > ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

    ps -eaf | cut -c10-14 | xargs pfiles > file.txt

    Search in file.txt for respective port/pid!

  4. Re: Discover PID from Port

    In article
    ,
    "msnsachin@gmail.com" wrote:

    > On Jun 8, 1:29 pm, Surinder Singh wrote:
    > > Jason8 wrote:
    > > > Hi:

    > > > Does anyone know how to programatically get the PID based on a port
    > > > number in UNIX (Solaris)? I'm looking for something more portable than
    > > > shelling out and calling lsof .

    > > see the pfiles source code at opensolaris.org
    > >
    > > http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xr...sr/src/cmd/pto...
    > >
    > > and iterate over all pids in /proc
    > >
    > > - Surinder
    > > ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

    > ps -eaf | cut -c10-14 | xargs pfiles > file.txt
    >
    > Search in file.txt for respective port/pid!

    So when he said he didn't want to shell out to lsof, you thought he
    meant that shelling out to other programs was OK? My interpretation was
    that he didn't want to shell out at all.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA