hello group,

previously I had a Samba config with create mask and directory mask.
But this proved that situations are possible that files have other
rights settings than needed to be. I assumed that those are files
copied from other linux computers, but not Windows.
So I put
force create mode =0770
force directory mode =0770

and tested the server's samba shares with this config. And was quite
taken aback when it appeared that I am able to delete from the
Windows' side a file that's created by root from the server's side!
When I ask for permissions I get clearly that the file has root:root
0600. Yes, the directory shows 0770.

RHEL AS4, samba 3.0.10-1.4E

Andra