process stucked without prompting anything...... - Unix

This is a discussion on process stucked without prompting anything...... - Unix ; hi Guys, I am running a application written in C++ on AIX 5.3. Application is executed successfully but the process has not terminated. One of the reason for process to stuck I know is when application creates an core dump, ...

  1. process stucked without prompting anything......

    hi Guys,

    I am running a application written in C++ on AIX 5.3. Application is
    executed successfully but the process has not terminated. One of the
    reason for process to stuck I know is when application creates an core
    dump, but in this case even no core dump has generated.

    Some one please help me in tracking this......Thanks....

  2. Re: process stucked without prompting anything......

    On Jun 4, 2:59 pm, monty wrote:
    > hi Guys,
    >
    > I am running a application written in C++ on AIX 5.3. Application is
    > executed successfully but the process has not terminated. One of the
    > reason for process to stuck I know is when application creates an core
    > dump, but in this case even no core dump has generated.
    >
    > Some one please help me in tracking this......Thanks....

    Maybe your code is blocking somewhere (ie, deadlock)? or a condition
    is never satisfied and thus you have an infinite loop?
    I don't think it's possible to help you further without having an
    explanation of what the code does, or even better, the code.

  3. Re: process stucked without prompting anything......

    On Jun 4, 7:59 am, monty wrote:
    > hi Guys,
    >
    > I am running a application written in C++ on AIX 5.3. Application is
    > executed successfully but the process has not terminated. One of the
    > reason for process to stuck I know is when application creates an core
    > dump, but in this case even no core dump has generated.
    >
    > Some one please help me in tracking this......Thanks....

    try running ltrace on strace on it. Check their corresponding man
    pages.

    cheers,
    -- paulo

  4. Re: process stucked without prompting anything......

    On Jun 5, 2:50*am, ppi wrote:
    > On Jun 4, 7:59 am, monty wrote:
    >
    > > hi Guys,

    > > I am running a application written in C++ on AIX 5.3. Application is
    > > executed successfully but the process has not terminated. One of *the
    > > reason for process to stuck I know is when application creates an core
    > > dump, but in this case even no core dump has generated.

    > > Some one please help me in tracking this......Thanks....

    > try running ltrace on strace on it. Check their corresponding man
    > pages.
    >
    > cheers,
    > -- paulo

    hi Guys,

    I can share the code as it's very huge and complicated but I can brief
    you that it is using DB2 CLI API for database interaction.
    I have attached the running process to dbx and tryied to track the
    problem. Below is the output from dbx:

    Waiting to attach to process 1196110 ...
    Successfully attached to APP.
    Type 'help' for help.
    reading symbolic information ...
    stopped in _usched_dispatch_front at 0xd011d8f0
    0xd011d8f0 (_usched_dispatch_front+0x120) 80410014 lwz
    r2,0x14(r1)
    (dbx) where
    _usched_dispatch_front(??, ??) at 0xd011d8f0
    _usched_swtch(??) at 0xd011ed5c
    _waitlock(??, ??) at 0xd010b76c
    _local_lock_common(??, ??, ??) at 0xd010bf28
    _mutex_lock(??, ??, ??) at 0xd01196a8
    lock__11LibDescLockFv() at 0xd6192ebc
    terminateAndUnload() at 0xd618d504
    dlfcn.dlclose(??) at 0xd040e560
    ICCC_FreeLibrary(??) at 0xd31ea028
    ICCC_Cleanup(??, ??) at 0xd31e6164
    cryptContextTerm() at 0xd31eafe8
    sqlexAppLibTerm__Fb(??) at 0xd30f0c34
    sqloAppLibTerm() at 0xd39aa128
    __modinit.mod_fini1(??, ??) at 0xd0398184
    __modinit.modfini(??) at 0xd03980e0
    __modinit.__modfini() at 0xd0398924
    cuexit.exit(??) at 0xd038da34
    (dbx) which ICCC_FreeLibrary
    platform.ICCC_FreeLibrary
    (dbx) which dlfcn.dlclose
    which dlfcn.dlclose
    ^ syntax error
    (dbx) which cuexit.exit
    which cuexit.exit
    ^ syntax error
    (dbx) which cuexit
    .cuexit
    (dbx) which _usched_dispatch_front
    pth_usched._usched_dispatch_front
    (dbx) thread
    thread state-k wchan state-u k-tid mode held scope
    function
    $t1 blocked u no pro
    _usched_swtch

    can somebody make it out something?