Streams files - Unix

This is a discussion on Streams files - Unix ; How can I create a Stream file in Unix?...

  1. Streams files

    How can I create a Stream file in Unix?

  2. Re: Streams files

    In article
    <1f42f1ff-a82d-45f7-acf2-92b66e9af941@i36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
    lak wrote:

    > How can I create a Stream file in Unix?

    All files in Unix are byte streams.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  3. Re: Streams files

    On Jun 4, 7:09 am, Barry Margolin wrote:
    > In article
    > <1f42f1ff-a82d-45f7-acf2-92b66e9af...@i36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > lak wrote:
    > > How can I create a Stream file in Unix?

    > All files in Unix are byte streams.

    I think he means STREAMS.

    OP, try this link

  4. Re: Streams files

    On Jun 4, 11:08 am, vipps...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Jun 4, 7:09 am, Barry Margolin wrote:> In article
    > > <1f42f1ff-a82d-45f7-acf2-92b66e9af...@i36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

    > > lak wrote:
    > > > How can I create a Stream file in Unix?

    > > All files in Unix are byte streams.

    > I think he means STREAMS.
    >
    > OP, try this link

    Yes, I asked how to create a STREAM file.

+ Reply to Thread